6/16/2005

s.a. griffin : apes of wrath

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, S. A. Griffin wrote:

hey richard,
did you ever get around to putting together apes? just curious...
really looking forward to seeing it as a part of the poems for all
series.

sincerely hope that this finds you and yours doing well.

always,
s.a.


S.A.


A delayed reply, my friend. Apologies.
June has been a month of madness as we
throw ourselves into looking for a new
home. The outrageous housing market here
in Sacramento has prompted our landlords
to sell the duplex we've lived in for
ten years. Naively we asked if we could
buy it. Alas, we couldn't afford the
asking price of over $500,000. (it's
a nice enough place, but not that nice.
Irrelevant, it seems, in this market
of cash-thick-suckers.)

And my mom is visiting from Scotland
for a month.

All this to say that, sadly, I've been
distracted from the Poems-For-All project.
And your Apes of Wrath sits there on
the production floor, gleaming like a half-
finished cadillac. I'm pleased with the
cover montage as its been developed so
far, but its still going to be a bit
before finished copies are piled into
your hands. My apologies for that. Kind
of the nature of the project; that it
unfolds in the narrow confines of my
busy life.

I never mind reminder emails, however.
So I'm glad you mailed me, checking in.

Hope all is well in Post-New Word Order
L.A. and new literary projects are finding
there way from skull to page.

When the dust settles, the move is made
and the backlog of promised PFAs is cleared,
I want to focus on my little vending machines;
old medical dispensers that will find a
new role for dispersing special packets of
Poems-For-All. I say special because the
machine requires coins to work and I want
to develop something special for those
willing to sink 50 cents -- it can't just
be the available list of PFAs since they're
supposed to be free.

I was thinking small packets with PFAs AND
special very miniature broadsides and other
one-of-a-kinds. Locally, I'd like the money
made in the vendies to go to the homeless
and/or local lit projects.

And while this is a year away, most likely,
wondered if you'd like to see one of these
machines in the LA area. It would be great
to collaborate, create interesting packages
of LA poets for the machine, etc.

Anyway, planting seeds early for later
flowers.

For now, we'll get the APEs done.

Tonight at Luna's LOB is performing with
Gene Avery. Lob's been setting down roots
quickly in the Capitol.

My best to Lorraine, another wonderful person
met thanks to the NWO road-show experience!

Regards,

Richard
poems-for-all