5/19/2004

Production Notes | Backlog

Time to post that perpetual reminder that poems-in-production is backlogged. I've been getting a great in-flow of email submission over that last month along with the an occasional mailed submission. I have to concede that the emailed submits have the slight advantage in terms of getting into the series sooner, if only because it is easier to find and process them, compared to me always losing in some SOC* or another, the mailed submits. The best intentions make the perfect paving stones on the walkway to hell, and the stone I've been carrying around is the idea that all paper submits will end up in the same box, in order of receipt so that they might all me considered and produced in a fair and timely manner. Well, the midget in the white tuxedo has just announced the arrival of the plane... Scattered all over the bookstore where the PFA magic happens are the envelopes and sheafs of poems that I struggle to keep organized. Maybe it's genetic.

Case in point:
I was VERY excited to receive submissions from Antler back in December 2003, just as I was leaving for a wedding in LA. I replied and accepted, sending the little postcard provided from my hotel room on Holywood Blvd. Get back to Sacramento, place it on top of a VIP SOC* and ... disappeared.

*Stack of Crap.