5/06/2004

PFA Special Edition | Kenneth Patchen (Red)

Poet Patricia D'Allesandro had requested we make copies of PFA #127, Kenneth Patchen's "The Artist's Duty" for an opening at the Crocker Museum (Sacramento, CA)of a beat/avant-garde exhibition. She and other poets, including mimeo legend D.R. Wagner were going to read Patchen Poems at the occasion. My wife happily agreed in my absence (!!) and then told me we needed to put together 100 or so of the little guys. She'd already started printing, deciding on a red cover stock for the cover. I initially balked, the "official" color of the PFA #127 being a nice cinamon color. I finally chilled, rolled with it, if you will, watching as the red sheets rolled from the printer. I decided that these red variants would be made and distributed only at the event and, since there were supposed to be around 500 in attendance, that we would up the number made to ... yup ... 500. Below are three pictures of their production.



PFA #127 in production.


My wife Rachel takes over for a spell during the production of the Patchen Red at the bookstore.


500 copies packaged and ready for the event.