8/19/2004

Production Notes

It's a bad day in the poems-for-all universe when there's actual work to do at the day job. (I do boilerplate graphic design for a legislative tracking company--yawn.) It does, after all, impact the ability to build poems, design miniature covers, and fret about getting the backlog of poems into the series. Today, managers circled like sharks, swimming past my workstation quickly, nostrils flaring, looking for ... something. And I wanted to slap my hand against the carpeted cubicle wall and yell "who the fuck chummed the water today?!?!?" Hey, in the ocean you might be able to club one of these toothy giants on the snout to make it go away; here, well... That'll get you fired. On edge. On edge. On edge.

I'm at the bookstore now working on two specific PFA-related projects: 1) Putting together Diana Marshall's (PFA #232) Birthday box, with her poems and copies of PFA #233, In Computers by Alan P. Lightman which she suggested for the series. (Designed last year and still not into distribution; See? You're not the only person it happens to...) and 2) I am putting together a collection of poems for Chad Williams (PFA #373) to take to Burning Man to use as barter. My hope is to get a report on just what kinds of goods & services people will be willing to exchange for small poems. Within the world of Burning Man, dears, anything is possible...