11/13/2003

Sloth

There was a recent story about how there is so much dead wood out there on the internet; all these blogs and web pages that people start with great enthusiasm and then abandon. I remember my early enthusiasm for this whole website thing and couldn't wait to set up sacfreepress.com as an online alternative newspaper. I even went to L.A. in 2000 to "cover" the shadow convention and protests surrounding the Democratic Convention (because to GOP one was too far away) and got press credentials. I took rolls and rolls of fim, recorded hours of audio and filled up several notebooks with quotes, observations and story ideas. It was an awesome week of experiences. I never put it on the website. Perhaps its that realization that it's a lot of work to get it all up here. Ahhhh, sloth.

To prove the point: It's been almost exactly one year since I last posted to this blog.